Repeat prescriptions can be ordered using one of the following methods:
- Systmonline - Registration for this service is required please attend the surgery to register.
- The NHS App - can be downloaded to a smartphone or tablet from the app store.
- Bringing a copy or post your paper prescription order to the surgery.
Please call 01642 759090 if you are unable to use one of the above services. Prescription queries will be managed between the hours of 14:00 - 16:00 Monday to Friday.
Please be aware that we are unable to take repeat prescription requests over the phone due to audit reasons.
Your prescription will be ready for collection from your nominated pharmacy within 72 working hours.
Electronic Prescribing Service
This practice is set up for the electronic prescription service.
This means that for most patients we can send your prescription to your chosen chemist directly saving you having to come down to the surgery.
To get your prescription sent to your chosen pharmacy you will have to ask reception to sign up.
For more information please click here
We are keen to ensure that patients with ongoing medical problems are monitored regularly.
If the date for your next review with a doctor or nurse has passed you will be asked to make an appointment.
Help with NHS costs
In England, around 90% of prescription items are dispensed free. This includes exemptions from charging for those on low incomes, such as:
- those on specific benefits or through the NHS Low Income Scheme
- those who are age exempt
- those with certain medical conditions
- More information is available at NHS Choices
These charges apply in England only. In Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales prescriptions are free of charge.
- Prescription (per item): £9.65
- 12-month prepayment certificate (PPC): £111.60
- 3-month PPC: £31.25
- a 12-month PPC for hormone replacement therapy (HRT) only is £19.30
If you will have to pay for four or more prescription items in three months or more than 14 items in 12 months, you may find it cheaper to buy a PPC.
- Telephone advice and order line 0845 850 0030
- General Public - Buy or Renew a PPC On-line
There is further information about prescription exemptions and fees on the NHS website.